Today's drivers want efficiency and value in their vehicles – but not at the expense of comfort and luxury.
Research from the automotive research firm J.D. Power & Associates has shown that interior comfort ranks above exterior styling among drivers making new-vehicle purchases; it’s second in importance only to mechanical reliability. It’s why Dow Automotive Systems design, engineering and technical experts are dedicated to developing solutions that advance styling and finish; enhance comfort and fit; improve durability, dimensional stability and weatherability; and reduce vehicle weight and cost.
Always in Style
Our industry-leading portfolio of glass bonding systems, vehicle body structure enhancements, acoustical management and NVH systems, adhesive and sealant technologies, plastics, films and fluids help make vehicles quieter, cleaner, more comfortable and better looking. A few of our solutions that enable distinctive interiors that maximize passenger and driver comfort, while enhancing the durability, aesthetics and quality of body structures include:
- BETAFOAM™ NVH systems manage noise and vibration while contributing to improved body rigidity and crashworthiness
- BETAMATE™ structural adhesives can limit vibrations caused by mechanical fasteners and spot-weld fatigue
- MEGUM™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents help absorb vibration and impacts to enhance ride smoothness.
- ROBOND™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents can be used to secure seals and mitigate NVH in vehicle interiors.
- SPECFLEX™ polyurethane foam systems for applications requiring a plush, padded look and feel.
- THIXON™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents are an environmentally friendly way to bond hot curing silicone rubbers, fluorocarbon and acrylate rubbers to metals and other solid materials.
To find a technology to fit a specific interior or exterior application, try our Solutions Finder.