The safety and security of the driver and passengers are our top priority.
To help contribute to improved vehicle safety performance, Dow Automotive Systems offers a wide range of lightweight structural and energy absorbing foam technologies, which reinforce vehicle body structures and protect vehicle occupants without adding weight or significant cost. Our premium brake fluids are made from high-quality materials to help ensure consistent and efficient braking. Additional Dow Automotive Systems advances allow vehicle foams to be made with fewer volatile organic compounds (VOCs) for improved cabin air quality for vehicle occupants.
A Total Solutions Approach
Conserving energy, reducing emissions, protecting lives – successfully capturing these elements is essential in vehicle engineering. Here's a closer look at some innovative Dow Automotive Systems safety technologies:
- BETAMATE™ structural adhesives offer increased stiffness and improved crash resistance to meet safety and weight reduction performance criteria in today's vehicle body construction.
- BETASEAL™ glass bonding systems make the windshield and backlite an integral part of vehicle structure and meet globally mandated requirements for rollover and roof crush.
- MEGUM™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents are used to bond various rubber compounds to metals or other rigid substrates under vulcanization conditions.
- MOR-FLOCK™ adhesives are one- or two-component aqueous flock adhesives that bond well to various elastomers, especially EPDM elastomers.
- POLY-FLOCK™ adhesives can be crosslinked with both humidity and heat for use in elastomer profiles for automotive sealings.
- ROBOND™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents offer exceptional adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including polyolefins, PET, corrugated board and glass
- THIXON™ rubber-to-metal bonding agents are an environmentally friendly way to bond hot curing silicone rubbers, fluorocarbon and acrylate rubbers to metals and other solid materials.
For detailed information about our safety-enhancing solutions, see our Solutions Finder.