BETAMATE technology provides a high performance bonding solution for a variety of substrates. BETAMATE structural adhesives replace welds and mechanical fasteners and reduce fatigue and failure commonly found around spot welds and fasteners. BETAMATE technology is used in the earliest stage in body design to make it stiffer, safer, lighter and better crash resistant.
BETAMATE 2096 is a two-component epoxy-based adhesive especially developed for the body shop and repair of vehicles. It is used on the vehicle to increase durability, crash performance and overall body stiffness. Although it can be cured at room temperature, the cure rate can be greatly accelerated through the use of low levels of heat.
- Provides a highly durable solution for structural joining application
- Increases stiffness, crash- and corrosion resistance
- Contributes to lightweight design by minimizing weight
- Can minimize costs by reducing expensive weld points and enabling the use of thinner metal sheets without losing mechanical properties
- Excellent adhesion to automotive steel, including coated steel and aluminum
- Protects joints against corrosion
- Can withstand e-coat oven temperatures of up to 180 degrees C
- Does not require pretreatment when bonding with aluminum surfaces
- May help reduce cycle time
BETAMATE 2096 adhesive can be used on basically all metal areas that require structural, crash-performance bonding and that can be repaired.
Adhesive application via robotic or manual application. Especially for repair cases effective cartridge packaging systems can be utilized.