BETASEAL™ Glass Bonding Systems are used worldwide for the structural bonding and sealing of stationary glass and help vehicles meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) for barrier, rollover and roof crush regulations.
BETASEAL™ 16100 Glass Primer is a solvent-based silane-blend primer. It is used to condition the surface and promote adhesion to glass. This primer is used in conjunction with an approved polyurethane adhesive as part of a BETASEAL Uni-wipe system.
- Provides the convenience of a single clear wipe around the glass - with quick open time - before application of a specially formulated BETASEAL adhesive
- Eliminates need for blackout primer - the clear wipe is UV resistant
- Fewer steps needed to prepare glass for bonding reduce the potential for possible defects
- A unique fluorescing agent added to the clear wipe ensures that proper application is detectable during the glass installation process, providing quality assurance. A light source is used to indicate a continuous application around the glass
- BETASEAL Uni-wipe system lowers manufacturing cost and assembly time by eliminating production steps
- Improves cycle time during assembly and reduces VOCs
- Meets all OEM requirements, including long-term durability
As an integral component of a BETASEAL bonding system, BETASEAL 16100 is used to condition glass surfaces, such as windshields and backlites of automobiles, trucks, buses and off-road vehicles.
BETASEAL 16100 primer may be applied by means of a brush or other suitable applicator.
BETASEAL meets globally mandated safety requirements for barrier and roof crush regulations.
North America, Latin America